Saturday, September 13, 2008

Trapped…

Trapped…

It all started like a regular day but then I dreamt about my niece being born and growing up, what a dream eh, we all were anticipating her “coming-out” as all were excited to become, uncle’s grandma, grandpa and all. Why trapped? Well again, for me going to the office is an everyday adventure where you cannot have the same experience twice, puzzling how traffic works in the Philippines right?

I walk up on the right side of the bed with full throttled sleep and a nice hot goto to prep up the day, had some chat with the family and worked my way out to the bathroom then dressed up for the ride to the office. Imagine I had to do all that to go for a 16 kilometer ride to office and back home. It was like motocross mayhem out there, I had to fight time then other drivers that are not fighting time and just when I thought I made it right… I got trapped.

In the middle of an 8-lane highway, maybe 2 kilometers from my exit, it rained so hard I cannot even see the tail light of the car right in front of me. I cannot even park somewhere to wear my poncho and everything was so wet it’s like I jumped to a swimming pool. But then, I had to wait for my exit and right on my exit to the access road to the office, guess what, it stopped raining. All day it was great, but in that 3-4 minutes of rain, I wished I obeyed my mom when she said, “it was gonna opur anyway, why not wear your poncho before you go out and ride”. Then I said, “nehhh”.

The brighter side, I got my side-line payment and got some extra for me at least, ill have to get my fiancé a Nike Free Mary Jane for my b-day gift, I mean her b-day gift.

So yeah, trapped, wearing wet pants wet underpants and I will wait for at least 9.5 hours to get it changed…

No comments: