Cleaning and lubricating your clutch and brake cables
1 foot of cheap masking tape
½ foot scotch tape
5 tbsp gas / diesel
5 tbsp tranny oil, 10w40
Scissors to cut the tapes
1. Okay, remove the cables, both from levers, clutch and front brakes.
2. Make a funnel out of the packing tape.
3. Seal the funnel with the scotch tape.
4. Place some gas on the funnel then with a masturbating movement; pump the gas flow all the way down to the end of the cable.
5. Once the BLACK gas drains, put another 3 tbsp of gas then let it drain too, at this point, the gas that will be drained will be clear (well at least clearer than the first wave.
6. Once the gas is drained, put the oil on the funnel, with the same movement; let it flow all the way down. Let the oil flow down, you won’t need too much oil on the cables.
7. Put it back together and you’re all set.